Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Water for Elephants

I recently finished reading the book "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and I LOVED this book!!!! It's about a man's life and adventures with, the olden day, circuses that traveled by train. I loved the book, it was dramatic and made me ponder a lot of things all the same time! I definitely recommend it!One of the things that I thought about while/after reading this book is: I honestly think that I was supposed to be born 50-100 years ago!! What an incredible world it would be to see how this country got started, and to see how simple and extraordinary everything was! I told my husband yesterday that I wish we could go back to the time when life was about simple pleasures like reading a book or having actual conversations!!! I feel like we are overwhelmed with technology and that people don't really interact like they used to. Does that make me sound like an old woman or what?? Don't get me wrong, I love having the computer and being able to travel to other continents within a day, but I also wish that I could remember a time when I didn't watch tv or go online for months.... that is absolutely something that I cannot say... I don't think I have gone without tv, or internet for more than a few days.... and I feel like I don't have that connection with anyone... like people used to have.

If someone ever builds a time machine... I think I may take advantage of it and travel back 100 years or more, I'm not sure if I would ever come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment